Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Monday, January 6, 2014

One Word

 
 
It's selfie.
 
(Go ahead and click on the link above to read about it if you wish.)
 
Personally, I am not a fan of selfies and have never taken one. Many seem to represent immoral or selfish all about me images ..., at least that is how they appeared to me when I first began to see them a few years ago.  I do admit however, that I have seen some that were not either of those things, and have actually been cute and even family oriented. I appreciate those.
 

 
Tim Challies (a blogger, author and book reviewer) seems to like selfies. Among other things, he says
"The selfie is the inevitable result of a world of customization, a world of self, a world of carefully crafting an online identity in which we are sovereign, in which we are our own gatekeepers."   He goes on to say that the selfie is a "snapshot of your heart".

 
 
Merriam-Webster's word of the year is science.  "Merriam-Webster selected its top ten words of the year by looking at the most-searched-for words on its online dictionary, along with the words that show the biggest increase in look-ups compared with years past."
  
 
I've heard about individuals who choose a word of their own for the year and focus on it to help them become a better person. 
 
My One Word suggests that 
 
 "This process provides clarity by taking all your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single focus. Just one word that centers on your character and creates a vision for your future."
 
 
Much good can be done by choosing one word and making that your focus for the year.
 
"As the year takes shape, so does your one word. Your word begins to reach into areas of your life that you may not have expected when you picked it. This is one of the surprising by-products of using your word as lens."  (Assessing Impact)
 
 
Christine Kane suggests that you
"Get quiet over the next few days. And pick a word for the year.
Just one word. That’s all.
Then, hold that word in your mind throughout the year, and let your word guide you to take action."
 
She shares a few ideas of words that might be helpful in your life.
 
 
From One Word 365 we read that
"Choosing a word for your year is no small thing. It requires all of you every day. Choosing a word is meant to be life changing for you. The hope is that in 365 days, you will look back and be able to say, “I am different.”
 
 
It seems like a good idea and I am intrigued -
 
pick a word and live by it!
 

Tip Junkie shows a necklace with that one word - an excellent way to help you remember what you are focusing on.

Word of the Year_Necklace copy-jpg


It can also be found on Lisa Leonard Blog.


 
And then there is Ali Edwards
 
cluster stick necklace | liz eaton designs
 
 
 What would my word for this year be?
 
Though I have not really chosen and word to work on each year I have tried to focus on something to help me be a bit better person.  The posts about happiness and smile would be some proof of that, and the posts about A Grateful Heart would be another.
 
I have felt a change in myself as I have tried to focus on these things more often, but I know I still have a long way to go.  There are many ways I can improve, so 
 
I'll be Contemplating!
 
 
It is a Thoughtful process!
 
 
Do you have a word for the year?
 
---
 
 (added later - Oh My Word!)

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...