Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Furniture Sliders

It's Show and Tell Time

This is not a paid advertisement - it's just a review of one of my favorite things.
This in one of those things that I am grateful for, because it makes life a bit easier in simple ways.

These furniture sliders have been a great item to have in my home.  I can't always wait for the men to lift and move things into place for me, so when I want it moved, I can move it myself (usually).
 

We bought these over 20 years ago when we built our home and I have used them many times (if you look closely you can see the wear and tear on the pads, but they still work great).

One side is padded to help the furniture stay in place, and the other side is slick to allow the pad (with the heavy furniture on it) slide across the carpet.

 
Just lift the piece of furniture and slide the mover under the leg/foot of the furniture ..., repeat four times (of course).
 
I just slide the mover under with my foot, so I can use both hands/arms to lift.

 
They fit most styles of furniture "feet" too. 
Oh wow, it's easy to see the wear and tear on a piece of furniture when you take a close up.  That's what years of use can do for it.  This piece of furniture was my grandmothers, so it's got more wear and tear than my furniture sliders do.
 
 
Awesome stuff!  I sure love having these things around.

I don't know what brand these are, but I have seen some at Lowes that look like they work well.  They are online too - just take a look on Amazon.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...