Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Do Good = Feel Good

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion."
 
And a few more favorite quotes by this great man:
 
“My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.” 
 
“Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” 
 
“I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”  
 
“Every man's happiness is his own responsibility.” 
 
“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”
 
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.”
 
“To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.” 
 
“Live a good life. In the end it is not the years in a life, but the life in the years.”
 
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”   
image HERE
---
 
How this post came to be:
I was reading a Student Manual of Religion 121 and 122, p96 (Copyright 1989, 1996) and found the quote at the top of the post.  I was intrigued by it and decided to look up more quotes from Abraham Lincoln.  These quotes seem to help with the original topic of my reading, which is this:
 
"Satan is increasingly striving to overcome the Saints with despair, discouragement, despondency, and depression..."
 
It does seem to me, that there is a lot of that in our lives today and we must find the better way, away from that direction, toward another direction.
 
 "Sin creates disharmony with God and is depressing to the spirit. Therefore, a man would do well to examine himself to see that he is in harmony with all of God's laws. Every law kept brings a particular blessing. Every law broken brings a particular blight.
 
"Those who are heavy laden with despair should come unto the Lord, for his yoke is easy and his burden is light."
(See Matthew 11:28-30)
 
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...