Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Piranha = Wallpaper & Paste Remover Spray

Today is the day to share
One of my Favorite Things
 
Remember - this is not a paid advertisement - it's just a review of one of my favorite things.
This is one of those things that I'm grateful for, because it made life a bit easier one day.

Today's favorite item is
 
Piranha Wallpaper and Paste Remover Spray

 
We tried it ..., and it worked perfectly! 
   
We have wanted to remove the wall paper in our main bath for a long time now. 
  We had enjoyed it for several years, but it was outdated and worn and it was time for a change.
I forgot to take before pictures, but this wall hadn't been touched yet when I remembered to get the camera.

 
We had heard about a steamer to remove wallpaper, but didn't want to spend over $50.00 to purchase one and never use it again (well, after removing the dining room wallpaper it would be never again).
 
We saw this spray at Lowes and decided to try it. We tested a small area. It suggests spraying it on the wallpaper before peeling it off, but that didn't work at all for us.
 
 We had pulled a couple feet of outer vinyl-like layer off before spraying it, leaving the papery layer stuck to the wall, and sprayed that area. To our happy surprise, that papery stuff that was so stuck to the wall peeled off very nicely.  What seemed like a task that was going to be dreaded and laboring turned into an easy hour of family fun.   The four of us were in there peeling away and amazed at the ease of it.  It did take longer than that for the whole job start to finish, but the pulling was possibly even less than an hour.

So, we pulled off all of the top layer - the more vinyl-like layer.
 
 
 
Then we sprayed the more paper-like layer that was left behind and very pasted to the walls ...

... waited the 15 minutes (it may have been a bit longer) ...

... and peeled that layer right off ...
 
AWESOME!
 
No Scrubbing! (but we did wash the walls after peeling it off)
 
 It would have been very tricky to wash and scrub off without this spray.  This spray did the trick and made it so easy.  
We highly recommend it for anyone wanting to remove wallpaper.

We bought one spray bottle and one bottle of the concentrate form, and did have to mix up one more spray bottle full to finish the room.  Now we have enough spray to remove the wallpaper in the dining room too.  Yippee!
 
 
Now, after saying all this, my husband walks into the room, sees the post I'm writing, and reminds me that we didn't try spraying on just plain water.  Oh Bother!  Would that have done the trick too?  Does anyone out there have experience with that?
Maybe I paid for this when I could have not paid anything.  (I'm still smiling!)  I think I'll try it when we take down the dining room paper.  That is ..., if it happens soon enough that I remember to do so.  I don't see it happening in the very near future - I'm in the middle of a bathroom redo. 
 
  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...