Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Get Organized

We are a couple weeks into the new year and so many rooms in my house need my attention.  That kinda happens to me after the holidays.  Actually it happens on several other occasions too.  It seems that I'm always looking for a better way to organize whatever needs a better way to be organized. 
I do like some of the ways I'm organized, but I am really never completely satisfied with everything.  Oh Bother!

Here are some organizing ideas I found on 2 Crafty 4 My Skirt
There are several ideas there, but I'm showing only a few, and I'm giving the source for each too, just in case we wanna look into the details someday.
I've never liked trying to get labels off of plastic containers, but Lewisville Love says it's easier if you use a blow dryer.  And, just look what a cute label and a little spray paint can do.  And, I've already shared about my love for clear containers - here, here, and here.

---

From Shady Tree Diary comes the idea to use a plastic soap box for storing little items like crayons, cards, and beads, or first aid, stamps, stickers, candies, nail clippers, etc.  (and look!, they are see thru ... yeah!)
 

---

I like this organized storage under the sink - idea from Pregnant... with Power Tools

P9100005

---

And,  from Superwoman,  we find this magnetic strip on the inside of the cupboard door. It looks like a great way to hold those little metal things that get lost at the bottom of a drawer or box or bag.
Maybe we could even put some non metal items in a small bag or envelope and use a magnet to hold it in place.  I've seen this idea in the kitchen for knives too.



---

Now that the little metal things are in place, what about all of those hats?  Try this idea from House Dressing Style



---

So, maybe your necklaces need a better place too - Try this idea from This Bird Can Sing



---

Other sites had some great organizing ideas too -
Like organizing a craft room, with ideas for washi tape from Lili Scratchy



and this type of hanger from Fancy Frugal Life



and this I saw on Pinterest
I kinda like the idea of a rod - wooden closet rod (as shown below) or a pretty curtain rod or bath towel rod (as shown in a couple photos above) for more decor.




---

I do love to organize, but I probably collect more than I should, which makes organizing always a need around here - every time I bring something home I have to find a place for it, and I'm running out of places. I must think on this a moment and see what I can do to make things better in that respect.
The 100 Thing Challenge has some wise words;

"It’s not about counting things to keep or get rid of. It’s about freeing up space in our lives. Getting rid of the stuff that overwhelms and distracts us. Then making use of that space to do good things in our families, communities, and beyond."

So, with that in mind ..., well, on to organizing whatever space I need to in the future.  What can I get rid of?  What should I not purchase or bring home?  I've really been trying this for the past few years, and it's worked on occasion, but I'm not very successful overall.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...