Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Organizing Cart

It's Show and Tell Time!
This is not a paid advertisement - it's just a review of one of my favorite things.
This is one of those things that I'm grateful for, because it makes life a bit easier in simple ways.
I am occasionally a scrapbooker!  It isn't a daily event until I start catching up, and then it becomes a daily project for weeks and possibly months, depending on how much time I can spend on it each day.  There are so many little pieces that need contained ... and in an organized way so that I can find it when I need it, even if I don't know that I have it.   So this favorite thing has almost become a necessity.

6 drawer cart. Image from Amazon

A few years ago I purchased two 6 drawer units and one 3 drawer unit - somewhere on sale - before Amazon, or at least before I knew Amazon. 
I don't use the wheels - I stack them on top of each other.
(Tricky, I know, but it's working for me and has worked for a few years now, without it toppling over on me or anyone else.  It is in a room that kids usually don't go very often.)
It's hard to see in the photos, but one side is up against the wall and the back side is up against another set of drawer units, bigger than these (someday I hope to trade those bigger drawer units, not pictured, out for a set of shelves).  The front has just a little very little help with the door trim to keep it from coming forward if it ever decided to do that.  So I guess it is somewhat secure.
Here you see the unit on the floor with the middle unit sitting just above the birthday box/drawer.
It seems to stay in place for me - maybe it's because of all the weight in all the boxes/drawers.




Here is the three drawer unit sitting on top of the middle unit.
 Mine stand just over 5 feet tall when they are stacked together.




Of course, I have labeled each drawer to identify it's contents.




I love the way they contain little things that need a safe place to live - stickers, clip art, ribbon, tags, cards, paper. I like that I can slide the box/drawer out and set it on the table or floor to search and find the right piece for what I'm working on, then they neatly slide away - out of the way, for the next project, theme, or season.



And, I love that the lids help keep the dust off of my precious purchases when not in use. :)
We do seem to live in a dust bowl at times.


What is your favorite scrapbook supply keeper?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...