Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Stuff and Chocolate Chip Scones

Fun!
Cute sock covered bottle for a vase!
Yummy food I'd like to try - chocolate chip scones.
Heart shapes on skewers for fun Valentine food decor.

All from Two Shades of Pink



I cut and pasted the scones recipe from HERE
(It's the same site, different post)

Chocolate Chip Scones

1 stick of butter (the original recipe I found said 6 tablespoons but one day I just threw the whole stick in there. Simple. Convenient. Yummy.)
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup of buttermilk (more if needed)
1 cup milk chocolate chips (but I like LOTS so I put more in)
1 egg slightly beaten

Combine dry ingredients and then cut in the butter until the mixture looks crumbly like cornmeal. I don't own a pastry cutter so I just pound it with my whisk. Buy another whisk after you do this. After you get back, make a little well like hole in the mixture and pour the buttermilk in the well. The key to a good scone is MINIMAL MIXING AND HANDLING. Mix, fold, whatever it all together until just combined and add chocolate chips. At this point, I am unconventional and do them easy by just dropping them by the spoonful on a baking sheet. Brush tops with egg..
Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes until just golden. Eat em' or give em' away. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...