Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Scrapbook Paper Holders

It's Show and Tell Time!
This is not a paid advertisement - it's just a review of one of my favorite things.
This is one of those things that I'm grateful for, because it makes life a bit easier in simple ways.

Today's favorite thing is a holder for scrapbooking paper.
I like to have my paper at eye level and at my finger tips.
Cropper Hopper paper holders!
(This is the exact item I purchased.)


Image from Amazon

 I first thought I wanted wooden cubes, but it was hard to find wooden cubes the right size, and they seem to take up too much space, though they are very durable.  
(Just look at how much room the sides take up in the photo below - over two inches of paper space wasted for each two boxes that sit beside each other.)
Image from HERE
 (I have to say, the color of those cubes in the photo are pretty cool.
Just found the image online to help show what I was trying to say.)

I used to use plastic milk crates, but they take up too much room and have those holes in them that destroy the paper, and they bulge way too much.


The Cropper Hopper plastic sides and dividers take up some space because there are several pieces to one unit.  But those sections help hold the paper up straight instead of bending over too much, and I'd still want something to help do that in the cubes.
I've been using two of them for several months now and they have been strong enough to hold a shelf on them.  I do have a lot of paper to help them from bowing too much though.  Because I have found that they are working great for what I am looking for I just purchased and set up two more to make it sturdier - 4 total now.  I am very happy with it!



(okay, please excuse the paperwork all over - that's just life at my house - I guess I haven't found just the right spot for some of that stuff ... yet.  My scrapbooking area doubles ... triples ... or adjusts as necessary for other things too.)

I also use some clear(ish) plastic holders.
(Not sure what brand I really have - and I have two different brands - but I can't tell if one is better than the other anyway.) 

Image from Amazon
They are nice to have between the black paper holders.
I do not use mine as shown in the upper photo, I turn mine as shown in the next photo so I can slide the paper straight out instead of up. (Up is not an option for me because of the shelf I have above them.)


This next photo shows how they are used together.


Okay, you've probably noticed by now that I am somewhat of a paper collector.  I'm just so addicted to cute paper.  And, I better buy it now so I can have it when I need it.  Ya!  But, I might need it later for something better than what I want it for now, so I better not use it yet.  Oh No!  ... Oh Yes!  ... I am that type of person.  I'm trying to overcome that bad habit.  Really I am!  Sometimes it works and sometimes I have to try a little a lot harder.   And, oh my goodness, sometimes there are great ... I mean GREAT sales on paper that I just cannot ... really CAN NOT pass up.

I just acquired a few more packages of paper that I purchased for our family reunion craft.  Yes, I had to purchase more instead of taking from my stash, because it was just easier that way..., you know, to get the right colors and kinds.  Then I had to stuff those left over papers (and there were several) into my stash here.  Sad huh?  (I'm really smiling though!)  Once I get caught up with my scrapbooking I'll have used up several pieces - I do have a lot to catch up on. 

You've probably also noticed that I like to keep my paper grouped by color as much as possible.  Even my scraps - yip, I save my scraps of paper ... and, I use them. :)


My paper scraps live in a lovely little freezer basket that came from my in-laws home when we cleaned it.  Gotta love it! I can see right through to each paper even down in the bottom.  And that piece of history basket is always visible to remind me of some wonderful people. 
It's coordinated by color but is not stacked neatly as you can see! It's just stuffed in with similar colors surrounding it.
(I did put a piece of cardboard in the bottom to give it a flat surface for the paper to rest on. It's working wonderfully.)


So, what does my scrapbooking area look like you wonder? 
This is it - the first half of My Stuff Room.


 Go into the room and look back at the area and this is the view you get.


It's not a large room - or at least it is a stuffed room, which makes it not seem so large.  (I think it is about 7 feet wide.) My sitting area is just large enough for my chair and me.  But most everything is right around me ready for use, when I need to use it. 

Behind this view is the other half of my stuff room.  That half contains my holiday decor and party/wedding decor, my un-used for the moment house decor, platters and trays, vases and flowers, tables cloths, tables, chairs, and oh so much more stuffed into it.  I have cleaned and organized it a couple times, but I also have kept stuffing things in.  I guess I'll just say that I'm glad to have this stuff room to stuff stuff into. 
My stuff room has had it's much needed overhaul. Now I can move on to the next project.

(And to think that this post all started because of some great little paper holders.)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...