Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Deep Cleaning Continues

I started my deep cleaning the first week of January and really didn't get very far into it until I had completely stopped and moved on to something else.

My mother-in-law passed away and we began to clean out their home (the homestead), since my father-in-law had passed away about 6 months earlier.
That was a big project and continues to be ... still not done.

That also means that we inherited a few items that we needed to find a place for in our home. So ... things began to shift.

My stuff room is still the first room to tackle in my home, but it really has been taking a long time, because I keep stuffing it with boxes and things from the homestead. There came a point where I was working more in my stuff room than at the homestead so I did get a few things done here. I'll share a bit.

One of my favorite things ... new to my stuff room ... is the little butter cream cupboard that belonged to grandma (MIL's mother) and became ours. Once a pantry, it now houses cards and papers and beads and wire and some history.



The color isn't true in this photo, but it seems that this pinterest post shows the more true color of the unit.  Great color name!

Benjamin Moore Old World Romance


On top sits ribbon and jewelry to the side. (I do need to go through and organize the boxes of ribbon still - another day.)



On the wall next to it are some cute wall hooks with other jewelry on it.



Before Photos really are embarrassing, and the After Photos in this post are only some better.

It's still a stuffed room ... but that is what it's for so I'm okay with that. I'm so happy to have it!



There are still plenty of boxes and piles of things to go through and organize - like those things seen in the lower right side of the last photo, so the other parts of the room are not yet shown. Maybe I'll spare you those for a very long time ... maybe until I get all of my scrap booking up to date ... and that could be a very long time if I'm still intent on deep cleaning my whole house ... and I am.

It's spring time and the yard is calling me ... and the garage ... so, I'll do a little more in the stuff room and then choose another place to attack ... while at the same time trying to finish the homestead place too.


Lastly ... it's been fun to see the precious things that belonged to our loving parents, and it has consumed much of our time, and there are many projects on the To Do List to help us keep some of those precious things (photos, histories, etc.) close at hand and close to our hearts.



Soooo Much To Do!
I'm gonna get up and goin' again!
Just stopped for a quick post ... okay, not so quick post ... but it was fun!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...