Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pinterest &/or Google Images

In my previous post about Lovely Outdoor Rooms I showed a picture of a chicken coup that I had seen first on Pinterest.  When I clicked on the link the pin'r credited I found it to be a fashion site that had nothing to do with that chicken coup photo I wanted to learn more about.  Was I doing something wrong?  Do I not know how to effectively use Pinterest?

Still curious enough about the coup I searched on Google and found that exact image - with the correct credit, where I could learn and see more. So I clicked on it - It was great!  Just what I wanted! Thank you Google!  And, that is the site you will find credit for when you look at the coup in my post - the rightful owner of where that image was found. Credit where credit is due!

As great as Pinterest is, I still search Google Images - I usually use both.   I like that Google is a search tool that doesn't have to have someone pin it there before I search. 
Pinterest includes only those things that someone else found and pinned.  And there are a lot of those, so not to worry!

There is one thing that Pinterest has that Google search doesn't - that is the option to pin something I like so I can refer to it again.  I do love that! That is a big plus. 

I need a space to remember a look I liked - that is why I have this blog.  I prefer to post those looks here in My Stuff Room but I do pin on Pinterest on occasion when I'm in a hurry, or when I'm planning an event - like my Valentine Decor Board.   Pin boards are a great way to refer to all of your "finds" at once.
Others have thought that some of my pins should be in a different board, but they were pinned there so I could refer to all those ideas at once while planning that one event.  Surely when I plan another event, or need an idea of similar interest, I will refer to that board even if it isn't a Valentine's Day event. 
Though I am pinning on Pinterest for my personal use I realize that others see my pins and might like to learn more about them - (just like how I saw the coup and wanted to learn more).  Pinterest pins just don't contain all the info I/we want on a product or project.  Hence, back to the problem I mentioned in my first paragraph on this post - make sure to link back to the site that does have the info others want to learn and see about that individual pin.  I simply don't care about fashion when I'm wanting to learn more about that chicken coup.  And, I really might like to view the site on which the pin was originally found - they might have more good stuff to look into.
Pinterest is a great site, but it's not the talent behind each and every pin - let us learn who is! True - the pinner found it, but the creator really deserves the credit!


Image from Google


Oh Bother!  Maybe VENTING should be the title of this post!?!?!?

I hope that anyone visiting My Stuff Room will find the info they are looking for about the items I post about.  If not, please drop me an email and I'll try to be more helpful.  Thank you!

By the way - THANK YOU for visiting!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...