Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Paint Something

Elmer's glue and food coloring mixed together and painted on glass can apparently create this look I found on Pinterest.
I've not tried this yet, but I have a few previous posts showing other ways to color glass. 
Some day maybe I'll need these looks and try one or more of these options. 
Those previous posts are -

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 I always love the idea of spray painting.
There is a Quick Guide to Spray Painting Glass at Dishfunctional Designs.

And try Krylon's thediyclub and scroll down for several things Pretty In Paint.


Another post about spray painting - from Centsational Girl.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are these painted? They look like they could be spray painted white.
It's a lovely look non-the-less. Such cute and delicate colors and flowers.
From 79 ideas
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here's a cute little unit - a shelf of bottles. Now, that sounds crazy, just look at the big cupboard that those cute little shelves are on! I like it too, but I have one of these little shelves with bottles and drawers in my laundry room ... it holds buttons. I saw this look from My Scrap Room
then this look from Kara's Party Ideas
Here is what mine looks like. Notice the little shelf above it too - just a row of bottles.
They are handy little units. Maybe someday I'll refinish them and love the look even more. Hmmm! What Color?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Info on How to Paint Over Varnish could be helpful sometime. It sounds so easy.
           From Smashed Peas and Carrots.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Now, take a look at this Awesome Paisley Table from Domestic Imperfection ...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I have an bedside table/night stand much like the one in this next photo. Mine is a little less boxy and has a bit more detail (groves/layers) that make it a bit trickier. I've been toying with the idea of painting mine a gray, blue, or white distress look. I've been too worried to start the project because I am not sure how the finished project will look, I'm not sure it will be worth the many hours of work for every piece, and I have a hard time thinking that I want to destroy the original look. I have the whole bedroom set (two night stands, headboard, foot board, dresser, chest of drawers with a large heavy wall mirror) so it's a big project. It was my mother and father's set first - so it's also a bit sentimental ... ya, I do that!
I'm saving this look from Restore Interiors so that maybe it can help me make up my mind someday. 
 I found another night stand much like the one above, and a little more like mine, though still different ...   It gives the look of a different color.  It's from Jordyn Luise Blog.
 You'll find a picture of mine in previous posts:
In the second photo here - used as wedding decor, and
in this post here - beside my bed. 

Oh! To Paint ... or Not To Paint?  That is the question!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...