Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Marriage

You might notice that I have been posting a bit about marriage.  I don't know if it's really coincidence or if it is more than that, but there is a bit of a buzz about it lately just because of the laws and government of late.
I have an acquaintance that sends me occasional emails with quotes and short stories. Here is one that she recently sent. 
 
It was a busy morning when an elderly gentleman arrived to have stitches removed from this thumb.

He stated that he was in a hurry as he had an appointment in thirty minutes. I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him.

I saw him looking at this watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient. I would evaluate his wound.

It was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors and gathered the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound. While taking care of this thumb, I asked him why he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I then inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimers disease. As we talked I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was and had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised and asked him, And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?

He smiled as he patted my hand and said, She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.

I had to hold back tears as he left, and I thought That's the kind of love I want in my life.

True love is neither physical nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

Mac Anderson


Sometimes one wonders "what's in it for me?"  What we put into it is what is in it for us!  Our attitude and perception of it. It is up to us!  I can't say this is a true story, but the moral behind it certainly is.


This friend that sends the emails often, if not always, ends with


Have a great day . . . Unless you've made other plans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...