Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Colorfully Covered Tiny Drawers

This from Living Beautifully is pretty cute lookin' -  These cheery colors and designs would brighten up any room.  What a way to repurpose!


This lovely look inspired me...

Do you remember this photo from an earlier post?


Do you see the little drawers at the right - the shelf unit and the chest unit below it?
I like the colors, but they were a bit dark and I was tired of that combination ..., so ..., 


That look became this look -


Can you see the difference?  They are a bit more cheery now ...,
 

I left the shelf sections the same painted cream color and glued paper on the front of each drawer.  And, I only used scrap pieces - awesome huh?!?!?!
The hardest part was getting those little knobs off.
Sanding the drawers to give them an antique look was easier than taking those off.


I put paper on the top of the chest of drawers, but did not on the top of the shelf unit.  I didn't want to take it off the wall and since we can't see the top of it I didn't think it needed covered.


 I love their new colors!
I think there is one more thing I need to do before I can call it done - I left some of the knobs their original dark color, but painted all the blue - that green peg on the shelf should be blue too.
I think the others can stay the color they are. 
It doesn't look so bad in person, but in the photo above I really notice it and I don't like it so much.



Now maybe I'm done with my stuff room?????
Well ... until something else inspires me!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...