Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Favorite ... Matters

The first of each month I post about one of my favorite things.  Usually these things seem small and simple, but they are each something that
 makes a task more simple and do-able, or something that makes life more beautiful and enjoyable, or otherwise makes me or those around me happy
(see Favorite Things in the Labels list in the right column.)
 
Every Sunday I post about things that matter most in life.  These things are spiritual things, because it is spiritual things that matter most.
(see What Matters Most Galore-y in the Labels list in the right column.)
 
Today those two - Favorite Things and What Matters Most - fall upon the same day this month - so ...
 
Today I choose the scriptures as one of my favorite things - for certainly they are ...,
and they are one of those things that matter most.
 
 
 
The first thing I do in the morning (after waking up anytime from 5:00 to 6:00am) is come to my stuff room, with a glass of cold water, and turn on my computer. The computer is turned on at that point only to see what time it is. I then read the scriptures - at least one chapter each morning. I don't do anything on the computer, or anywhere else, until after I have read at least one chapter.
 
I love doing this, because it puts my mind on things of most importance - the teachings of Jesus Christ.  
 
To some it seems strange that reading the scriptures would make a difference in a day, but those who have put it to test know that it makes a big difference in a day.  When I make reading the scriptures a daily habit it makes my daily life feel more worthwhile.  I find a peace, comfort, and happiness that I can get in no other way.  Coupled with prayer makes it twice as beautiful.  Peace comes from our loving Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ, and when we follow Them and come unto Them we will find beautiful peace. They will send it!
 
From The Bible intro pages:
"But among all our joys there was no one that more filled our hearts, than the blessed continuance of the preaching of God's sacred Word among us: which is that inestimable treasure, which excelleth all the riches of the earth: because the fruit thereof extendeth itself, not only to the time spent in this transitory world, but directeth and disposeth men unto that eternal happiness which is above in heaven."
 
 
FYI - my scriptures include:
- King James version of The Bible
- The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Christ
- Pearl of Great Price
- Doctrine and Covenants
 
The chapter of scripture I read each morning is from The Book of Mormon, but I cross reference and study the other scriptures when I come upon a scripture or topic I want to study in more depth.
 
The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Christ "puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come."
 
 " all who will come unto him and obey the laws and ordinances of his gospel may be saved."
 
"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true.  Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost."
(intro pages)
 
The scriptures (especially The Book of Mormon) make me happy!
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...