Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Table Cloths

I had an opportunity to look for table cloths yesterday and wanted to save the looks I found for future reference.  I was looking for a natural linen color.  I found a few that were real linen but didn't want to pay $150.00 a cloth, so I quickly left their sites without saving the info.  Here are the less expensive choices (though some are still so expensive I wouldn't choose them either - they are more for a comparison).
90 inch round table cloths - natural linen color/style: 
(on sale at this time for $99.95, down from $146.95)


--
From Amazon
($66.99, down from $138.00)



--
From Amazon
(this has a print, so it's not really the linen look, it's just the lighter color. $40.30) 


--
From Amazon
(For a case of 10 camel color cloths - $168.41, down from $197.10)


--


(Pack of 5 cloths for $111.00)
   


--
From JCP
(another print, not my favorite, added for comparison - $20.00, down from $40.00)


--
Showing this next cloth for the seam look.
Purchase linen fabric and make your own cloths - usually the fabric is no wider than about 58 inches, so for a 90 inch cloth more fabric would be needed.  Sew a piece to the sides of the fabric instead of having the seam in the middle.  It would look similar to these burlap cloths from Amazon.



--

(print, but love the lace, however it might have too much gold - would love to see the real thing. - $10.88)

--
Lastly - A piece of fabric wide enough that it wouldn't need pieced together, just cut and hem. Or, sew on a lovely piece of lace like the cloth above.  From Warehouse Fabrics Inc.
(Primitive Wheat 108" Wide   - Code: PREWHT - $8.98 per yard)

--

Remember that some times curtains or bedding can be used for table cloths too!  Found this image on google - directing to this site.

French vintage pure linen sheets
--
I love linen - it's such a great look and feel!  Many of the cloths above are polyester with a natural color, but real linen is pretty cool stuff. I wish it wasn't so expensive.
I purchased some brown linen fabric for our Thanksgiving table cloth, shown here, and love it.
I found this fabric too (at JoAnn's - in store), and anxiously await the time to use it.


The front side has a shiny floral print, and the back side is just the linen, so it could even be reversible if I did the hem just right.
Wait now, did I say hem?
I didn't even hem my brown cloth and it's lovely as it is. (I did trim the run-away threads though.)   However, if I made round table cloths with this fabric - that is what we are talking about in this post - I might have to hem them.
Maybe a trim added to the edge, like this from Our Vintage Home Love, would look nice????  I don't know if I could get it that smooth though.
--
Speaking of shiny ... I did find this at Sears - it's gold, so it's probably not the color shown here, and it's only 70 inches. They do have a white set. ( 2-pc set - $14.99) 

Essential Home Gold 2-Piece 70in Round Tablecloth Set at Sears.comEssential Home Ivory 2-Piece 70in Round Tablecloth Set at Sears.com
--

Note - this place intrigues me - Provence Decoration

--
Well, these are my finds - if you have found some great linen cloths I'd love to hear about them - leave a comment or send me an email (my address is at the top of the column at right).
Happy Tablescaping!
(I know that's not a real word - but I love it anyway - it's all about creating!)
SaveSave
SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...