Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Decorating for Christmas

In my home, holiday decorating is my thing ... from lugging the boxes out of storage to lugging them back in when it's all cleaned up.

 This last week was the week for take down and set up.  So I ...
 
... packed up all of my trinkets that were on my shelves. 
While not in use, they stay safe in these boxes in my STUFF room.  Those boxes remain empty the rest of the year ... well, except for the tissue paper that gets stored with them.
 
 

After taking things down and packing them up I moved on to the fun stuff

... put up the Christmas decor in my kitchen
I only have a few things to help the kitchen look a bit festive.
 

 
... put up my pencil trees and added lights, though I have not added any other decor to them because I am waiting for the real thing before I get my ornaments out. But, I'm loving the lights.  So anxious for a real tree ..., maybe sometime the beginning of next week.
 

 
... put up garland and added lights and other decor, 
 
 
... set up nativities. 
I was feeling lazy at that time and didn't put them all out.  I usually fill my hutch with nativities, but this year it was just the entertainment center.  I'm already missing a few that I didn't put up, but that hutch is filled with other things, so they'll stay put away.
 
 
... lastly, my boxes with snowman and other decorations found their way into the family room and the items inside each box were carefully and lovingly placed in whatever shelf or table or corner pleased me best.  Some items found a change in scenery as I went along, but in the end each found their final resting place. Well, final unless I do some more tweaking the next few days.  It is what I love to do.  It just takes me so long to do it.  I love to pull out the sentimental items that fill my heart with joy as I place them in view for the holidays.
 
 
About the last set of photos:
1. New addition for the year is my bowl of snowballs
After Christmas last year I purchased a couple containers of white balls, and this year I purchased a silver ... whatever you call it ... the thing the bowl sits in ... at Good Will last week, just because I liked it.  When I started decorating and found the white balls I decided to pull out a clear bowl and put those three together to create my bowl of snowballs.  I'm lovin' it.
2. Just a little garland and fun around the bench and clock - shown mostly to see where our elf (in #7) sits today.
3. Not so new, and not so visible - the framed art is something I did years ago - kind of a water color print.
4. Even older - (Hanging from #3) a favorite of mine, made by my sister in law and given to us several years ago.
5. Probably the oldest item in my Christmas collection - a Santa moon that belonged to my mother in law.
6. Also very old - a cloth wrapped heart my grandmother gave me years ago.
7. New addition - Our elf - I decided to begin this tradition for our grandchildren this year ..., and we're havin' fun.
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...