Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Our Valentine Dinner Dance Decor

Finally! Here are my unprofessional photos of the decorations. (They are in no specific order. I'm doing this so quickly that I hope I don't have too many misspellings and mistakes. Sorry!)
The colors were Red, Pink, White, and Gold.
I borrowed some lamps, furniture, and decor items from others to add to some of my own. With others help it turned out to be a beautiful event. The whole evening was wonderful. The meal and desserts were outstandingly delicious (luckily I had no part in that), and the dancing seemed to be enjoyed by all, even if they didn't dance (I had no part in that either, I was just responsible for the decor).

The dessert table before the desserts ...

and after desserts were set up ...

The garland was ripped fabric, ribbons, yarns, boas, lace, lights, etc. I wanted a textured look and it turned out just as I had hoped.

The empty punch bowl. I should have hired a photographer for the event :) I didn't time things very well. It was filled with a reddish pink punch that looked beautiful and tasted great.
The framed L (pink) O (white) V (red) E (gold) letters on the wall behind it turned out so great. We painted some dark letters, sanded them, antiqued them, and hung them on a frame. LOVED IT!



The entrance ...

I have loved the look of this collection of flowers in bottles for a long time, and was so happy to make it work here.



Decor at one end of the room (and more flowers in bottles)...



A Welcome bench at the entrance of the room ...



This picture didn't turn out and give the real look, but it's a light pink table with a beautiful lamp on it. There are two ruffled red pillows beside it.



We put a ripped fabric and ribbon canopy in a corner with a floor lamp inside it and loved the look.



This was one of my favorite corners. My desire was to create the look of a romantic hide-away. I was so pleased with the outcome...especially with the lights down low. (I was trying the different settings on my camera this night.)













Paper lanterns and tissue poms on one side of the room (and one guest table) ...



Two stands and one guest table (the boas and lamp shades are red - the photo makes them look pink, but they are not) ...



The dining tables were covered with white cloths and a square piece of pink or red fabric and coordinating cloth napkins in pink, red, or gold. The centerpieces were a collection of vases, bottles, candy bowls, candles, and beads. They looked a lot better than the photos show.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...