Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pressure Cooker Recipes


I love using my pressure cooker for pulled pork.

I have seen recipes using soda but haven't tried them.  Maybe I'll try this someday.
Pressure cooker pulled pork recipe using Root Beer, from here
 
Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches in the Pressure Cooker | PressureCookingToday.com
 
 I also love using my pressure cooker for chicken.

My daughter learned of a yummy recipe that I hadn't tried yet ..., and we decided to use that same recipe in the pressure cooker instead of the slow cooker.    I like my slow cooker, but sometimes I just can't think of a meal far enough in advance to use a slow cooker.  That's my favorite thing about my pressure cooker - it has saved me a few times.

Okay, the recipe my daughter shared with me might be familiar to others (no doubt it is), but it was new to me.  And since our tomato allergy issues aren't living in this house anymore (and we do miss our tomato allergy guy), we could try it.

Sorry I don't know what it is called, but here are the ingredients - at least it's how I make it.

1 bottle salsa
1 can corn
1 can black beans



4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Pour it in and cook it.
I cook it in my pressure cooker for 30 minutes.

(I've drained the corn and the beans and I've also left the liquid, and it works either way, just depends how much sauce you want.  We kinda like the sauce over rice.)

1 brick of cream cheese added at the end.
Stir it in and shred the chicken (still inside the juice).



How's that for easy and fast.

We added one more (drained) can of corn because we like more corn.  We will probably add one more can of beans sometime too, cause we like them. 
We've eaten it without the cream cheese and it's good that way too, but the cream cheese is a nice addition. 
  
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...