Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cake Bunting


I've seen cake bunting done before, but I created my own last week.  It was a fun project.   My photos don't give the look we really saw and they do show some imperfections that I just didn't have time to redo, but I'm adding them anyway. 
 
I made carrot cake in round pans and frosted only the middle and tops, not the sides. 
Why not frost the sides? Well, these cakes taste good enough without a lot of icing, I didn't want to make more icing that would be left on the plate and not eaten, I was making eight cakes and wanted to reduce the work time, and frankly, I wanted the look of the layers rather than the icing.
 
These were centerpieces and dessert for an English language class graduation, so ...
 
one bunting had the Spanish word postre
 
 
and the other bunting had the English word dessert on the other side.
 
 
I made a Congratulations! bunting and a small bunting for the wall. 
 I used only scrap pieces of paper for these buntings; in reds, blues, greens, pinks, purples, oranges, and yellows, and I really liked the outcome. 
 
 
The small bunting was started with the cut pieces left over from the cake buntings and then I added a few more to make it a little longer.  There were three different shapes - a triangular, a flag shape and a rounded shape.
 
 
 
 I felt rushed to put it all together and didn't get to complete everything as I would have wished, but it turned out okay, helping to create a delightful event for the graduates and their families. 
 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...