Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Map Bunting / Garland

I cut several sizes of triangle shapes out of maps for buntings and then wondered what would be the best way to string them together.  I decided to check online for ideas and found a few -  I liked so many.  Here is what I found:

Twine thru punched holes from beachcomber



I really liked this look of round cut sections of map held with mini clothes pins from Desire Empire.  I still had more maps, so I decided to add some round cut map bunting too.



There were a few etsy shops that have map bunting -
this small one looks like it's folded over bakers twine



this one is sewn onto ribbon



and these round cut map pieces are just sewn with a zigzag stitch



This rounded bunting from See Kate Sew looks folded too - like they folded a circle in half over twine.



This shape adds a great look to the map bunting.  It comes from HERE
It is easy to see that they added a double sided tape and folded it over twine.



I was too late to fold my bunting since I had already cut it out, but I would like to remember that another time. 

....................

I used a few of the above ideas to finish my project.
I punched holes and used an ecru color bakers twine type string for the largest one, light blue bakers twine for the one strung with the largest bunting, and the round and smaller triangles were easily zig-zag stitched together on my sewing machine to make a garland - that was easy!    I wish I had done another one or two, but ran out of time - I'm still happy with it all.


The sewing machine stitch is the easiest, and I really liked that look, but the hole punch with twine made it much easier to place the papers closer together or farther apart as needed.  I did cut out more shapes to add a back to each - I should have checked online ideas before I started so I could just fold them over, but I do like that the maps are all right-side-up and readable on both sides instead of upside down on one side.

I used this map bunting for a mission farewell luncheon for my son.
The full party look can be found HERE on it's own post.

SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...