Welcome to MY STUFF ROOM - a space for my collection of STUFF ... STUFF GALORE ... GALORE-IOUS STUFF! ... INSPIRING STUFF I find online, and maybe even some STUFF I create myself. It's all Stuff that makes for a Creatively Galore-ious Day! ... Thanks to all who share their talents! I love to see it ... it truly inspires.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pinteresting Pumpkins


I saw something on Pinterest 
  
 I liked the look and wanted to do something like it, using only things I already had -
I salvaged some 2x8 wood pieces out of a box we save for fire wood, trying to find just the right sizes. I didn't want to do much cutting. :) 
Well ..., I didn't have enough of one color of orange paint, so I used a few colors of browns and oranges and yellow.  This photo doesn't show the true color, but it does show some truth, in that I wish it was a bit brighter, but even then, I like the rustic look.
I sanded it (but it wasn't dry as I would have liked it to be when I did sand it and it added too much of a dusty look to it, but I was in a hurry).
I also rubbed it with some antiquing liquid, wrapped it with some burlap looking ribbon ...,
and glued some berry strands and flowers on it.
Oh yes, I glued a stem (or broken piece of wood I found) on top ...,
with some moss around it to hide where the stem meets the pumpkin.
Other than wishing it was brighter, I like it. 
It's a bit rustic looking and it was fun to make.

...

As I was preparing this my husband asked why we didn't stand the boards vertical so that they had ribs like a real pumpkin.  So, I got some spray paint and tried it. 


Again, not true to the color, these really are more orange than they look here, but the spray paint didn't seem to be a great idea to cover them completely, since the wood just soaks it right up, being old weathered pieces, not fresh cut 2x4s.   However, it did give a rustic look that I was looking for, especially after I rubbed it with antiquing liquid.
To add to the rustic look I pounded in a few used and bent nails that came out of all of these pumpkin wood pieces.  They just seemed to look like a fun stem when I picked them up and bunched them together, so they became useful again and added a fun touch.


I wrapped a ribbon around it and wallah!  It's a pumpkin ?  ... a petrified pumpkin !?!
(I think I'm going to cut that ribbon shorter though.)

...
Other fun pumpkins found on Pinterest :
(I've added the source site for some, and extra looks to save from those individual sites.)
You Craft Me Up
There are a lot of fun ideas from that blog (You Craft Me Up), like this next BOO!
(There is a cute pumpkin in that too.)
...


Now some not found on Pinterest :
(maybe they are there, but I didn't find them there.)

This is a great look - from Perfectly Imperfect



...

Great ideas out there!  So many creative people!  Thanks for creating and sharing your ideas with so many others.  

SaveSave
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...